Board of Education Goals
The Caledonia-Mumford Board of Education is committed to providing a safe, secure and engaging school environment where all students and staff are valued. The Caledonia-Mumford Board of Education supports district efforts to assure that all students graduate as ethical, responsible, lifelong learners who are college and career ready. The district's mission, vision and core beliefs are the framework from which the Board of Education makes all decisions.
- Academic Program and Student Achievement
- Developing a comprehensive strategic school improvement plan.
- Providing and supporting the implementation of the districts Professional Development Plan.
- Analyzing the effectiveness and engagement of the districts reading intervention program.
- Providing greater awareness of readiness skills connected to college, university and careers.
- Demonstrate fiscal leadership
- Developing a strategic financial plan to ensure financial stability of the District.
- Supporting the development and implementation of a five-year facilities plan including future capital projects and ongoing maintenance.
- Providing the necessary resources to implement the District’s Multi-Year Technology Plan Initiative.
- Exploring and enhancing shared services in order to provide meaningful programs and opportunities for students.
- Develop and implement a plan for a safe and secure school environment
- Creating and sustaining a safe and positive learning environment that protects and respects the rights of all individuals.
- Investigate a comprehensive student wellness plan that will include the physical, emotional and social wellbeing of students.
- The Board shall demonstrate its leadership role in representing our community.
- Strengthening communication with parents and community residents to increase understanding of instructional programs and school district activities and initiatives.
- Continuing harmonious working relationships with the village, town and county governments.
- Meeting with local legislators and advocate for public rural schools.
Adopted by the BOE on January 10, 2017
The Caledonia-Mumford Central School District, in collaboration with our community, takes pride in providing safe, comprehensive and rigorous educational experiences, in order for all students to graduate as ethical, responsible, lifelong learners, who are college and career ready.