2021 - 20222 School Year
Dear Caledonia-Mumford Learning Community:
The health and safety of our students, our staff, and their families remains our top priority. The
District 2021-22 School Opening goals are to provide a high-quality education for students while
protecting the health and safety of our entire school family and to keep our schools open.
For planning purposes, I want to provide you with a few details about the upcoming school year:
- Facemasks will be required of all students, staff, and visitors to be worn at all times while in school. Masks must cover your entire nose and mouth.
- The District will be open 5-days a week for in-person learning starting on Tuesday,
September 7, 2021. Student start and end times are as follows:
Elementary 7:35 AM -2:55 PM and MS/HS 7:30 AM - 3:00 PM.
- The District will only offer remote learning for medically excused students. Please be
advised that remote learning will be taught by the Genesee Valley BOCES for students in
grades 6-12 and we are partnering with a local school district for students in grades K-5.
- While riding the bus, students and bus drivers will be required to wear masks. The
District will reduce bus riding capacity. However, we will have enough capacity to
accommodate all qualifying students. All students that are in grades K-5 qualify for
transportation. Students in grades 6-12 that reside outside 1.5 miles of the school radius
also qualify for transportation.
- Per CDC Guidelines, students will be socially distant 3 to 6 feet in classrooms. Some
classroom and learning activities will require a shorter distance.
- Physical Education, Band and Chorus classes will maintain 6 feet social distance.
However, some learning activities will require shorter distances.
- Once seated in the cafeteria, students do not need to wear face coverings as the District
will socially distance (6-feet apart) students.
- Students, teachers, and staff who have symptoms of infectious illness, such as influenza
(flu) or COVID-19, should stay home and be referred to their healthcare provider for
testing and care.
- Students/Families and staff are expected to complete an attestation form prior to the start
of the school year. By signing this form, you are attesting that you will take your
temperature each day before school and will not come to school if you have a
temperature of 100.0º F or higher. You are also attesting that you will not come to school
if you exhibit new or unusual symptoms associated with COVID-19. The attestation
form will be sent to you at a later date.
- Field trips will resume and all masking and distancing protocols will be in place on field
trips equivalent to what would be expected in school at the time of the field trip and in
relation to the destination.
- JV and varsity sports and modified football will begin on Monday, August 23, 2021.
Outdoor and indoor occupancy limits are eliminated. However, 3 feet social distance is required for
spectators that are not from the same dwelling/family.
- Extra-curricular clubs and activities will resume in September and all school masking and
distancing protocols will be in place.
- Custodial staff will clean high-touch surfaces throughout the day and will conduct a
deeper cleaning each night. Cleaning and sanitation supplies and hand sanitizer will be
readily available in each classroom.
- The District will continue to use our Novaerus Air Purification System (plasma-used in
many hospitals and nursing homes) which kills 99.9% of viruses, molds, and bacterias.
In addition, our ventilation system will be programmed to provide the most outdoor air
possible within the NYSED regulations and filters will be replaced regularly.
- Please be advised that the District will modify and adjust the above procedures/protocols in
accordance with pending changes in local health data and/or County, State or Federal guidance
documents. It is the District's intention to work collaboratively with our learning community to
ensure a safe and enjoyable 2021-22 school year.
I want to thank you for your anticipated cooperation, patience, and understanding. Please remember we are all in this together!