Caledonia-Mumford Central School
Community Education - Something for Everyone!
Sarah Santora - Coordinator
Community Education is for Everyone!
Caledonia-Mumford Central School's Community Education Program is available to learners of all ages.
Classes in a variety of interest areas are offered throughout the school year and over the summer.
Our programs are also advertised in the Livingston County News and on our school website
www.cal-mum.org, Facebook and Twitter. Classes are open to district and non-district residents.
We hope you'll participate in a Community Education class soon.
We are also looking for talented people to join our growing list of class instructors.
Please contact the Community Education office if you have a talent or an expertise that you'd like to share with others.
Please contact Sarah Santora, Community Education Coordinator at 538-3449, Monday - Friday, 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Winter and Spring 2019 classes. Have an idea for a class you'd like to take or teach?
Please contact the office
STEAM Expo May 30, 2019
Cal-Mum Community Education is partnering with the Cal-Mum Elementary School and PTO to host a science and STEAM fair, Thursday, May 30, 2019. STEAM is an acronym that stands for Science-Technology-Engineering-Art-Math.
Community Education is proud to sponsor Luke Weaver's STEAM Lab that evening. Mr. Weaver is a STEAM teacher at Avon Central School. He will bring several STEAM related activities for children and their families to take part in. This event was extremely successful last year so mark your calendars and don't miss it on May 30.
AARP Driver Safety Course for insurance rate and license point reduction - COMPLETE. Summer/fall class TBA.
Wednesday, March 20 and Thursday, March 21, 2019
$20 for members with an AARP card
$25 for non-members
Date to be announced soon!
5 Hour Pre-license class - COMPLETE
Saturday, March 9, 2019
8 A.M. in MS Room 133
$35 per person
SAT Preparation Class - COMPLETE
Mondays, March 4, 11, 18, 25, 2019
6 P.M. start or as soon as students can arrive. (2) 45 minute sessions each of English/verbal and math review and practice exams.
$90 includes SAT review book
In the Fall 2018 - 2019 session of Community Education we...
- Taught 50 young student drivers the 5 Hour Pre-license Safety Course required for a NYS road test
- We held a Family Wellness Fair that was attended by 200 people! Several agencies attended to distribute information and free items about health care, mental health care, heating assistance, legal assistance, substance and drug use treatment, Salvation Army assistance, Food Link, CHS Integrated Mobile Health and more.
- Taught 28 people cookie decorating techniques with Pastry Chef Beth Cullinan. Just in time for holiday baking!
- Taught a dozen ladies chalk painting and lettering techniques.
- Taught the ancient art of pysanka or Ukrainian Easter egg decorating.
- Men's basketball in the elementary school gym every Monday and Friday night.
- Indoor walking program in the middle/high school.
- Introduced chalk lettering to 10 people at our December 4 class with Michala Schram of Jade and Stone Design.
The following are ongoing classes and activities in our Community Education program.
5 Hour Prelicensing Class (fall and winter/spring)
This is class is required to take the NYS road test.
The next class is scheduled for Summer/Fall 2019 in the Middle School Room 133. $35 per person.
Call the Community Education office to register.
Enter through Middle School main door.
Defensive Driving/Point Reduction - AARP sponsored, any age driver can participate (fall and winter/spring). Summer date to be announced.
Is your license near suspension? Take this class and you may be eligible for a point reduction on your license. Eligible also for a discount on vehicle and motorcycle insurance.
Indoor Walking (fall and winter/spring)
The middle school is open to walkers Monday through Thursday, 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. during regular school session. There is no walking during recess or holidays when school is not in session.
Call the Community Education office to register as a walker.
Men's Basketball (fall and winter/spring)
Monday and Friday nights in the elementary school gym. Start time 7:30 p.m.
Call the Community Education office to register to participate.