- Caledonia-Mumford High School
June 2021 High School Exam Schedule
All final exams not listed on this calendar will be given during class time.
For Regents week, we will test in the HS gym.
Note * The last day of classes in the high school is June 16, 2021
June 9, 2021
Dear Parents and Guardians:
It is hard to believe we are nearing the end of the 2020 – 2021 academic school year! With that being said, final exams are upon us. The last day of instruction for all high school students in grades 9 - 12 will be Wednesday, June 16, 2021. Enclosed, you will find a final exam schedule. Local final exams will be given in class prior to the start of Regents week. Please review this document with your son and/or daughter. Only those students who are scheduled for an exam or review session are expected to report to school during Regents exam week.
For students that ride the bus, transportation will be provided throughout the Regents examination period. The regular morning and afternoon bus routes will occur as normally scheduled. An additional bus run will be added at 11:30 AM. This bus run will take students home after their morning exams and pick up those students who need transportation for afternoon exams only. Students that typically ride a bus, and require transportation home after a morning exam or pick up for an afternoon exam must sign up in the high school office by 3:00 PM on Wednesday, June 16, 2021. Announcements will run each morning as a reminder.
The cafeteria will remain open throughout the examination period to provide both breakfast (7:30 AM - 10:00 AM) and lunch (10:00 AM - 12:00 PM).
For safety reasons, ALL book bags/backpacks and cell phones will be checked in and left in the high school office during testing week. There will be a registration table in the front hallway of the High School. All students are to sign in at the table before going to their testing location and sign out once their test is completed.
Locker clean out will take place this Friday, June 11, 2021. All students will remove their personal possessions, including pictures, shelves, etc. Students will return Chromebooks with cases and power cords on Wednesday, June 16th during assigned home base times. Students who need their Chromebook for Regents review, must request a later return date. That google form has already been shared.
TEST TAKING TIPS
Follow a study plan:
- Study any review material teachers have given to you.
- Make a list of the most important topics to be covered, and use that as a study guide.
- Circle items that you know will require more time to study.
Get a good night’s sleep:
- Do not stay up late studying for the test. The night before the test you should be reviewing not studying.
Eat a good breakfast:
- Your body needs energy. Eating a good breakfast will fuel your brain.
- Arrive at school early and have a ten-minute power study.
- Bring all the materials you will need i.e., #2 pencil, pen, paper, and calculator.
Stay relaxed and confident:
- Have a positive attitude.
- Remind yourself that you are well prepared and are going to do well.
- If you feel anxious before or during the test, take several deep breaths to relax.
- Manage your time throughout the test.
Check your work:
- Check the clock and go back to review your answers, making sure that you did not make careless mistakes (such as putting the right answer in the wrong place or skipping a question).
- Neatness counts - be sure your writing is legible and that you erase your mistakes.
- Spend the last remaining minutes going over the hardest problems before you turn in your test.
If you have any questions regarding exam arrangements, please contact the Counseling Center at 538-3445, or the High school Office at 538-3483.
Have a safe and enjoyable summer!
High School Principal